Races are off the turf today so lots of scratches
- 4 Quarla – second on a wet track last out to Untiltherwasyou. Claimed by Jimmy Klesaris and wheeled back at the same price after two months on the shelf.
- 7 Time For Harlan – Drops back to the $40K level where she just missed at a mile on the turf
- 6 P J’s Enigma – Most of her starts have been on the dirt at MTH. Has decent turf breeding
- 8 Path to Power – puts the blinkers on. Has a strong set of works after being off for close to two months
- 4 Lady Doris – gets in as an MTO for Abby Adsit. Has a third on a wet track
- 8 Bartiromo – drops down in search of a win. One uninspiring dirt race, but has good figures
- 9 Queenofzeenile – Moves up slightly after winning last out. Very high wet track rating
- 3 Eurokay by Me – surprise winner last time. I don’t expect a win this time, but she does have a tendency to finish in the money
Race 3 (in-depth analysis race of the day) 6-1-2-3
- 1 Ziggy Moondust – Looked like a winner at 7F in the mud but hit a wall in the stretch. A month between workouts is not a good sign, but given the drop in price and the wet track he’s got a shot. Looks like a delicate horse with physical issues, but at least Cornelio stays.
- 2 Shinnecock Bay – Mostly a turf runner but did have a third on the dirt at SAR after a troubled trip. Could be part of the exacta
- 3 Keen’s Cupla – Mediocre races on the dirt. Had a troubled trip last out and could improve.
- 4 Miroc – Scratched
- 5 Greg’s Fourwheeler – not much to recommend unless the blinkers made a big imprivement
- 6 Man of Mystery – Has a number of positives. Very high wet track rating, high rating at the distance, was only a length and a quarter back in his debut, and has some nice workouts leading up to this race. If he goes off anywhere near his ML, load up.
- 7 Flat Leaver – Not much of a debut on the dirt and not much better on the turf. Very high wet track rating though, and with Husion could surprise.
- 4 Bossy Saratoga – Looks much better on the dirt than she did on the poly. Has good tactical speed and a good wet track rating.
- 6 Wraith – one win in 10 starts and three seconds in a row. Extraordinary wet track rating, although she only has a third in two wet track starts.
- 1 Prize Taker – hasn’t shown a lot of heart in the stretch but seems to like finishing up close. Long hiatus and Charlton Baker is 29% off long layoffs. Two thirds in four starts at BEL.
- 3 Lovely Elle – Broke her maiden last out at Parx but didn’t look bad first time at SAR. Allen Iwinski used to be a major force as a trainer but has cut back alot in the last few years. Very high wet track rating.
- 9 Political Farce – freaked in the mud last time to break an 0 for 15 skein. If he likes the slop that much perhaps he keeps the streak going today
- 5 Grand Strand – Tried NW1X last out but drops to a $40K event and gets in as an MTO. Claimed by the hot Rudy Rodriguez two back. Good wet track rating.
- 1a Perfect Stormy – one win on a race washed off the turf. Lots of starts, doesn’t appear to be a win type.
- 11 King Gettigan – one of the other MTO’s. Won last out, and maybe that helped him turn a corner.
- 7 Caleb’s a Survivor – Good figures at FL and at 15-1 he’ll be the longshot play of the day.
- 3 Futurazo – hard-knowcking 8 year old showed well at BEL last out. In fact, is 4 of 6 in the money at BEL and 3 for 9 this year. Has a few useful races in the slop.
- 4 Wildniteattheopera – third lifetime start with a win and a second already. Hennig has been hot lately.
- 8 One More Chief – finished well in the mud last out at BEL. A win and a third in three starts on the wet track. Englehart seems to have improved the horse substantially after the claim two back.
- 9 Glacken’s Gift – MTO looked good breaking her maiden after a year on the shelf. Lots of tactical speed and a big figure last out. Big wet track rating.
- 2 Love and Marriage – Chad Brown leaves her in on the off track. Perhaps it is the exceptional off-track rating. No surprise if she wins.
- 13 Get Gorgeous – Second on a sloppy BEL track last out and 3 of 5 in the money on wet tracks lifetime.
- 4 Medaglia D’Argento – in as an MTO. Perhaps a step below the best in here, but still can grab a small piece
- 4 The Rhythmisright – 3 thirds in three tries on a wet track. Hushion trainee has been doing most of his running at this level. Like the ML odds.
- 1 Cuantos – Getting through his conditions in good order. Good work 3 weeks ago. Nice speed, but not a need to lead sort. We’ll see if he likes the slop.
- 9 Sol The Feud – good figures in his last two starts. Place right at OC$40K
- 8 Half Nelson – seems to like finishing second and third but does have the tactical speed to make a race of it.
- 9 Queen to Be – Hasn’t fared so well with the big boys but has been tough at PEN. Drops down to a level where she should be competitive. Pletcher/Castellano is always dangerous.
- 10 Tacones – one for two on the wet surface. Switches barns to Bernardo Callejas
- 2 Manhattan Gin – usually shows speed and on a wet track that can be dangerous.